Following provincial guidelines, effective March 1, 2022 spectator capacity limits will be lifted in Parks and Recreation facilities and Proof of Vaccination will no longer be required to enter. Masks/face coverings, social distancing and active/passive screening of patrons will remain in place.
Safety measures in place include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Screening before entering the facility
- Hand sanitization upon entry and exit of the facility
- Enhanced cleaning of the facility following each ice rental
- Designated COVID-19 Representative provided by each ice user group
In order to ensure a safe return to facility utilization the following protocols have been adopted for ice user groups, participants and spectators.
Ice Use Protocols
- Mask/face covering must be worn while in the facility, except for on-ice activity. Bench staff must wear a mask/face covering.
- Dressing Rooms must be vacated no more than 20 minutes after the end of the ice rental time for (participants or spectators).
- Utilize designated dressing rooms. Masks must be worn while in the dressing room. Showers will be available for use.
- Food and drinks are permitted.
City of Kawartha Lakes Ice User Protocols